Last weekend I was in a pretty cranky mood when suddenly I decided to do some experiments in my kitchen. One of the experiments were - Bacon wrapped Prawns with Prawn head reduction. Hence, after spending hours in nature's basket, big basket and local market, I was ready to enter my kitchen with full enthusiasm.
Ingredients for bacon wrapped prawn skewers-
- 6 medium size prawns
- 3 bacon strips
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Olive oil / butter
- Wash and separate the prawn heads.
- Cure the prawns with lemon juice, zest and salt for 1 hour.
- Brush the skewers with butter/olive oil before sticking the prawns in it. Place 2 prawns in each skewers.
- Wrap them with bacon strips.
- Heat some butter / olive oil in a grill pan.
- Cook the bacon wrapped prawns till the prawn is cooked. However do not overcook it, as less is always more with prawns.
Ingredients for prawn head reduction sauce-
- The separated prawn heads
- 4-5 lemon leaf
- Fresh rosemary ( use at per your need. I used lot of fresh herbs for the beautiful aroma)
- Fresh lemongrass (again according to your requirement)
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Salt & pepper
- Mix prawn heads, 2 lemon leaf, rosemary, lemongrass, water, salt in a pressure cooker. Boil till 5-6 whistles.
- Strain the mixture.
- Heat butter in a deep wok, pour the strained soup in it. Cook it in low flame and let it reduce. Once it comes down to half, add the coconut milk little bit at a time.
- Keep tasting, as you might need to add more butter, remaining lemon leaves, pepper and salt.
- Once you get a smooth,aromatic, little tangy and buttery consistency and it got reduced to 1/4th of the previous quantity, your sauce it ready.
Assemble and serve.