So just before diwali I slipped and fell and my left wrist got twisted. However, my dear friend didn't care much about it and decided to throw a challenge, which was, to make something unique that will go with the theme of diwali.
After thinking for a few hours I decided to make lamp (diya) shaped savoury tarts and the end result made me jump in joy!
Ingredients for tart-
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh cream
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Add butter and cream. Mix till you get a smooth mixture.
- Wrap the dough with plastic n refrigerate for 20-30 mins.
- Make small balls from the dough. Take lamp shaped molds and press the dough balls. Prick the base little so that it doesn't puff up while baking.
- Keep little bit of dough aside.
- Let the oven preheat at 200℃ while preparing the filling.
- For filling you can use any savory or sweet ingredients that you like.
- I have chopped some spinach, mixed it with sweet corn, and bacon and stirred it in olive oil. After that I have added bit of ricotta in it.
Assembling the tart-
- Roll the remaining dough that you have kept aside. Cut thin strips from it.
- Pour the mixture into the tarts. Arrange the strips on top of it in criss cross style.
- Bake it for 20 minutes and your lamp shaped tarts are complete.