Great Deals on Flipkart

Yummly

Yum

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Irish Soda Bread #daringbakers

I love baking breads. So, this time when I saw for the month of September Meredith from the Poco loco Olsons challenged us to experiment with soda bread, I was elated.

My injured hand which is paining like hell, couldn't stop me from making these soft and fresh Irish Soda Bread.





Ingredients-

  • 2 cups Buttermilk
  • 1&1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3 cups plain flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking soda
Method-
  • Preheat oven on 220 degree C.
  • Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix buttermilk in it and knead it well. Mix till everything is incorporated really well. You will get a stiff dough.
  • Now, prepare a baking sheet and roll the dough in round shape, 1 inch thick.
  • Using a knife make a few dimples (just prick) on the surface.
  • Bake it for 15minutes till the top looks golden/brown.
  • Have it fresh with jam, nutella or peanut butter.
  • Enjoy!!

1 comment: