Great Deals on Flipkart

Yummly

Yum

Monday, August 8, 2016

Bacon wrapped prawn with prawn head reduction sauce

Aching arm and lack of motivation can be quite a disastrous combination and I was suffering exactly from that. I have realized that I wasn't really cooking these days and I had absolutely no clue about how to come out of it. Then another season of Masterchef Australia happened and I started finding myself back again. My aching arm is another story and I try not to think about it.

Last weekend I was in a pretty cranky mood when suddenly I decided to do some experiments in my kitchen. One of the experiments were - Bacon wrapped Prawns with Prawn head reduction. Hence, after spending hours in nature's basket, big basket and local market, I was ready to enter my kitchen with full enthusiasm.



Ingredients for bacon wrapped prawn skewers-

  • 6 medium size prawns
  • 3 bacon strips
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • Salt
  • Olive oil / butter
Method-
  • Wash and separate the prawn heads.
  • Cure the prawns with lemon juice, zest and salt for 1 hour.
  • Brush the skewers with butter/olive oil before sticking the prawns in it. Place 2 prawns in each skewers.
  • Wrap them with bacon strips.
  • Heat some butter / olive oil in a grill pan.
  • Cook the bacon wrapped prawns till the prawn is cooked. However do not overcook it, as less is always more with prawns.

Ingredients for prawn head reduction sauce-
  • The separated prawn heads
  • 4-5 lemon leaf
  • Fresh rosemary ( use at per your need. I used lot of fresh herbs for the beautiful aroma)
  • Fresh lemongrass (again according to your requirement)
  • 1 cup Coconut milk
  • Salt & pepper
  • Butter
  • Water
Method-
  • Mix prawn heads, 2 lemon leaf, rosemary, lemongrass, water, salt in a pressure cooker. Boil till 5-6 whistles.
  • Strain the mixture.
  • Heat butter in a deep wok, pour the strained soup in it. Cook it in low flame and let it reduce. Once it comes down to half, add the coconut milk little bit at a time.
  • Keep tasting, as you might need to add more butter, remaining lemon leaves, pepper and salt. 
  • Once you get a smooth,aromatic, little tangy  and buttery consistency and it got reduced to 1/4th of the previous quantity, your sauce it ready.
Assemble and serve. 

2 comments:

  1. Even the name of the dish screams gourmet. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete