Great Deals on Flipkart

Yummly

Yum

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dark Chocolate Brownie with a "Secret Ingredient"

Dark Chocolate is the best thing happened to mankind! I mean just think about the bitter sweet chocolate or the choco milk shake, or the chocolate cake and brownie!! So many delicious things can be made using chocolate and brownie is definitely a popular one among them. So, this winter when I decided to bake some brownie I was reluctant about what to make. I am bored of the simple chocolate brownies so this time I thought of giving it a twist and so I used some "Beetroot" in it. I'm not a fan of Beetroot but the transformation that happened to my brownies after adding the Beetroot I'm now planning to use it in other chocolate desserts!


Ingredients-

  • 3-4 medium size Beets
  • 100 gm Flour
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2-3 tsp cocoa powder
  • 200 gm caster sugar
  • 100 gm butter
  • 250 gm bitter sweet chocolate bar
  • few drops of vanilla extract

Method-
  • Peel the beetroots, cut them roughly, add in a microwave safe bowl, add some water and boil for 12-15 minutes till it becomes tender.
  • Pre-heat the microwave in convection mode in 180 degree C.
  • Strain the water from the beetroots and blend the strained Beetroot with the caster sugar and eggs in a blender in medium speed. The mixture must be frothy and airy.
  • Double boil the chocolate and mix it with the beetroot egg mixture. Blend some more.
  • Add the butter and blend well till you get a smooth mixture.
  • In a large bowl mix the flour and cocoa powder. Fold the beetroot mixture in it and mix well.
  • Pour the mixture in a greased tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
  • Serve with a dollop of vanilla icecream or just eat it and let it melt inside your mouth.

2 comments: