Great Deals on Flipkart

Yummly

Yum

Monday, April 14, 2014

Kaju Kismis Pulao

I am a foodie. It makes me feel good about myself. When I feel down I start cooking or eating. I sometimes think, do I have obsessive eating disorder? Hopefully I am wrong.... Anyways, Back to the point now... Pulao has always been a favorite among the Bengalis or Bongs. Poila Baisakh (Baisakhi) is a festival among the Bengalis. So I thought of celebrating it a couple of days early... Hence, Kaju kismis pulao, Kosha mangsho (dry Indian chicken curry) and desserts. The recipe of pulao was long due actually. So when I got some good photos yesterday I decided to share it...



Ingredients-


  • 300 gms Basmati rice
  • 50 gms Cashew
  • 50 gms Raisin
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 8-9 tsp Sugar
  • 5-6 whole cardamom
  • 2-3 strands of Cinnamon
  • 5-6 pieces cloves
  • 2 Tbsp Ghee
  • 2 tsp Keora water
  • Pinch of yellow food color (you can also use pinch of turmeric)

Method-

  • Wash the rice a few times and drain properly.
  • Take 1 Tbsp Ghee and mix it with the rice.
  • Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
  • Take a microwave safe deep casserole.
  • Heat the Ghee in microwave for 1 minute in 100% power.
  • Put the cinnamon, clove and cardamom in the hot ghee.
  • Put the bowl in microwave again for another 1 minute in full power.
  • Mix the rice, raisin, cashews well with the hot ghee, cardamom, cinnamon and clove.
  • Mix the sugar and salt in it well.
  • Mix the food color/turmeric properly.
  • Pour the Keora water in it.
  • Pour water in it.
  • Cover the casserole partially.
  • Set the microwave in 60% power.
  • Set the timer for 10 minutes.
  • Put the casserole in it and start.
  • After 10 minutes, change the microwave  power to 100%.
  • Set the timer for another 8-10 minutes.
  • This time, your Pulao will be ready. The aroma might attract many people....
  • Serve the pulao hot with veg or non veg gravy dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment